Each year, WorldStrides provides more than $2 million dollars in financial assistance to families who qualify for need-based aid. Applications are distributed by our Customer Support teams – contact the number below to apply! FLAG Financial assistance will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
FLAG Financial Assistance – K-12 Students
Learn more and apply by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-468-5899.
Our most popular financial assistance program is through the Future Leaders of American Government (FLAG) Foundation and offers travel assistance funds to thousands of families each year. To qualify, families must:
- Have a student in grades K-12 with plans to travel on a WorldStrides tour
- Have an annual adjusted gross income up to $85,000
- Complete a confidential, easy application
International Financial Assistance – University Students
Learn more and by contacting WorldStrides at 1-800-422-2368 or IFA@worldstrides.org.
Our financial support program for college students seeking international education provides small grants to assist in financing your faculty-led study abroad program. (For more information on scholarships and aid for individual study abroad experiences, click here.) To qualify, students must:
- Be registered via WorldStrides’ online portal for a full service, international travel program operated by WorldStrides in the current or subsequent calendar year
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited school of higher education
- Complete a confidential application indicating financial need, as demonstrated by receiving sources of financial aid totaling at least 50% of yearly tuition.
To qualify, your travel departure date must be more than 90 days from the day we receive your completed application. You must complete and return the enclosed application and supporting documents within two weeks of receiving them.
You will need to complete and submit the following materials in your application for IFA:
- Completed IFA Application and Student Statement
- Supporting documents about your current level of annual financial aid (see application for details)
Related Articles and Blogs
Our blog is chock full of great tips and success stories
Best Ideas from Our Fundraising Hall of Fame Experts
Fundraising is a fantastic way to offset program costs and allow more students the opportunity to travel. We are always looking for new and creative ways to raise funds to share with our program leaders, parents, and students. WorldStrides is proud to feature…
A Guide to Choosing A Successful Fundraiser
Hosting fundraisers to raise funds for your educational travel experience helps to offset the cost and allows every student the opportunity to travel. If you are considering a group fundraiser for your class or student group, or a fundraiser for yourself as an individual, the number of options …
Band Director Runs 415 Miles to Help Send Students to the Sugar Bowl
As part of our Fundraiser Hall of Fame series, we’d like to introduce you to Matthew Goodman, a band director from Handley High School in Roanoke, Alabama. He is quite literally going the extra mile for his students, and recently jogged to New Orleans to raise…