WorldStrides is proud to offer three student scholarships for travelers participating on 2020 WorldStrides faculty-led programs.
This scholarship program evolved from our belief in the value of higher-ed global travel and commitment to providing inspiring and experiential academic opportunities to university students. These $3,000 awards are open to undergraduate and graduate students traveling on a WorldStrides faculty-led program departing in 2020. (Executive students are not eligible.)
The scholarship application requires the following documents prior to submission:
- Personal statement (2 – 4 pages): “Explain the importance and impact of global experiential student travel in today’s society, and how this scholarship will contribute to you achieving your own education and career goals.”
- Letter of recommendation
- Unofficial transcript from the student’s university*
- Option to include additional documentation you’d like the committee to consider
*First year students who have not accumulated enough credit hours to generate an unofficial transcript may submit a letter of good standing in its place.
Higher Ed Traveler Scholarship (1) – Spring Programs:
- Spring 2020 travelers must apply by November 8, 2019.
- For students on group travel programs departing (January 1, 2020 – March 31, 2020)
Higher Ed Traveler Scholarships (2) – Summer Programs:
- Summer 2020 travelers must apply by March 13, 2020. Deadline extended to April 1, 2020.
- For students on group travel programs departing (April 1, 2020 – July 15, 2020)
Selected applicants will be notified approximately 5 weeks after the appropriate application deadline.
Looking for information on our International Financial Assistance Program? Click here to learn more!