Choosing a third-party fundraising company can be confusing. There are thousands of companies out there eager to help you fundraise. It is important to do your research before selecting a company. Here are a few questions to ask when considering a third-party fundraising company:
- Do they provide a catalog and order forms for every student?
- Do they provide items for the students to sell?
- Will they take back unsold product?
- Who pays the postage?
- Is there a representative that comes to the school to talk with students?
- Is there an incentive program for students?
- What is the procedure if an order is lost, incorrect, or damaged?
- How does the company comply with sales tax laws?
- Can the program be tailored to your school?
- What percentage of the profits goes to the students?
- How responsive is the company if a problem arises?
- Are there any hidden costs for freight, prizes, or overruns?
Check with other groups in your area to that may have worked with the third-party fundraising company you are considering to learn more about their experience.
If you still have questions, visit our page about choosing a fundraiser.
Looking for fundraising ideas? Check out our fundraising ideas for a list of ideas!