Your fundraiser will be more successful if the school and local community know about it! Our Program Leaders and directors have shared with us some of their most successful tips for promoting fundraisers.
- Post signs, flyers, and posters around school and in your community. Check local restaurants, businesses, libraries, and universities to see if they accept public postings.
- Reach out to local newspapers, and television and radio stations with a press release or story pitch, and ask them to include it in their community announcements.
- Go class to class to present your fundraiser in person.
- Check with your school’s newspaper or e-newsletter to see if your fundraiser can be included in parent communications or posted to your school’s website.
- Set up a table at school sporting events to present fundraising information or sell items to raise money.
- Send a letter home with students or email parents directly to let them know about upcoming fundraisers and request their support.
- Communicate fundraising updates through your MyTrip page or on your group’s Facebook or Twitter pages.
Did we miss any tips on promoting your fundraiser? Let us know how you are promoting your fundraiser!
Read our tops on choosing a third-party fundraiser.